Ksshaskpass ?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 15:11:25 GMT 2014

On Freitag, 12. Dezember 2014 08:00:45 CEST, Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> I'd suggest to do a platform check as on Wayland it cannot work
> (grab keyboard fails).

You're certainly right in that the guarding is entirely superfluous on wayland, but grabbing still "works".
Despite the platform window ::setKeyboardGrabEnabled() returns false for wayland, QWidget simply ignores that and assigns the grabber.

What's worse: looking up the Qt code, QWidget only maintains the grabber as static variable, the grabbing state is never re-tested.

Eeeewww... this is gonna be more complex, I fear.

I wonder whether the grabbing state can actually be tested except by approaching a grab from a sidearm process. In doubt, the only possible hardening would be to continuously - and the only test whether it worked would be to invoke QWindow::setMouseGrabEnabled(bool grab) as well.

Stay tuned ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas