[Kde-pim] Problems with infrastructure

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed Dec 10 21:01:24 GMT 2014

Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:

> I see some problems with gerrit:
> [...]
>
>  D) There's no way to create a review without using relatively unfriendly
> gerrit process
>
> [...]
>
> D is really important to me since it makes it harder to contribute to non
> hardcore git users; it took me days to start understanding Qt's gerrit and i
> am still not sure i understand it fully, with reviewboard i do git diff and
> use the web to upload a patch, as simple as it gets.

git-review should solve (or ease) most of the issues there (send and update
the reviews).

See other projects using it:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Gerrit_Workflow
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/git-review

In order to check the existing reviews, there are other tools with various
degree of completeness like:
* https://github.com/berrange/gerrymander
* https://github.com/stackforge/gertty

(yep, many coming from the OpenStack project :)

Ciao
--
Luigi