Review Request for KDecoration

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Dec 10 07:07:25 GMT 2014

On Wednesday 10 December 2014 00:31:03 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2014 00:21:38 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Where did the strings such as
> >
> > "Not on all desktops"
>
> They were/are not part of KDecoration, but KCommonDecoration - an optional
> "simplifying" wrapper class.
>
> I assume it would make sense to deliver pre-defined (and i18n'd) tooltip
> strings in KDecoration2 which implementations may or may not use.

Iff we want to provide tooltips they should go just into KWin. The decoration
would just need to emit signals when a button is hovered/left.

My personal opinion is that it doesn't need the tooltips. If one cannot
recognize the buttons than the design language of the decoration is really
bad.

Cheers
Martin