KF5 Maintainers: Please get ready for release

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Apr 26 23:32:25 BST 2014

Hello framework maintainers,

As you know we're getting near the final release. If we don't hit a critical
issue, we'll release the final early June. Before that, we'll have a second
beta on May 4th, and we'd like it to look as close to the final as possible.

That's why I'm sending you this email. Please take time in the coming week to
look at your frameworks and do that last bit of spring cleaning. I propose you
the following checklist (you can add more steps if you feel like, but I
consider that the minimal checklist):
 * Have you reviewed the metainfo.yaml file of your frameworks to make sure
the information it contains is accurate and up to date?
 * Have you checked that your frameworks followed all the steps in the
creation guidelines? (especially bugzilla component, reviewboard, etc.)
   http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/CreationGuidelines
 * Have you checked that your frameworks are compliant to the policies in
place?
   http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies
 * Have you done the necessary for your frameworks to be green on the CI?
   http://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks/
 * Have you done a last pass of review of your APIs for source compatible
improvements?

Please get back to us when you're done checking your framework, if you get any
issue or if something is unclear.

For information, here is the list of maintainers and the frameworks they
maintain. You'll also find the list of frameworks with no maintainers at the
end of the list. It would be nice to see more people step up to maintain
frameworks, or give a hand applying the checklist above to frameworks without
maintainers.

Alex Merry:
 - kdesignerplugin
 - kimageformats
 - kmediaplayer (porting aid)

Aurélien Gâteau:
 - kapidox

Bernd Buschinski:
 - kjs (porting aid)
 - kjsembed (porting aid)

Christoph Cullmann:
 - ktexteditor

Christoph Feck:
 - kiconthemes
 - kplotting
 - kwidgetsaddons

Chusslove Illich:
 - ki18n

David Edmundson:
 - kitemviews
 - knotifyconfig

David Faure:
 - karchive
 - kcrash
 - kdbusaddons
 - kinit
 - kio
 - kparts
 - kservice

David Gil Oliva:
 - kcompletion

Ivan Čukić:
 - kactivities

Jeremy Whiting:
 - knewstuff

John Layt:
 - kunitconversion

Laurent Montel:
 - ktextwidgets

Luigi Toscano:
 - kdoctools

Marco Martin:
 - kdeclarative
 - plasma-framework

Martin Gräßlin:
 - kglobalaccel
 - kwindowsystem

Martin Klapetek:
 - knotifications

Martin Tobias Holmedahl Sandsmark:
 - khtml (porting aid)
 - sonnet

Matthew Dawson:
 - kconfig
 - kdnssd

Michael Pyne:
 - kcoreaddons

Mirko Boehm:
 - threadweaver

Valentin Rusu:
 - kwallet

Àlex Fiestas:
 - frameworkintegration
 - kded
 - solid

No maintainer:
 - attica
 - kauth
 - kbookmarks
 - kcmutils
 - kcodecs
 - kconfigwidgets
 - kdelibs4support (porting aid)
 - kdesu
 - kdewebkit
 - kemoticons
 - kfileaudiopreview (porting aid)
 - kguiaddons
 - kidletime
 - kitemmodels
 - kjobwidgets
 - kpty
 - kross (porting aid)
 - krunner (porting aid)
 - kxmlgui

Let's get ready for a great 5.0 release!

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net