Update needed to binary compatibility guide for Windows?

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Apr 15 02:28:14 BST 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Michael Pyne <mpyne at kde.org> wrote:
> If it's true, do we want
> to adopt a constraint on our handling of virtual functions in leaf classes
> based on this?

IMO we shouldn't worry about ABI on Windows. And not because "meh
Windows", but since Microsoft breaks C++ ABI with every compiler
release, which is quite frequently these days. In general C++ ABI
stability just isn't a thing on Windows. And we are both the upstream
and the downstream for the releases anyways.

To that latter point, I guess really it matters what the KDE Windows
team thinks.

Ian