Configuration files transfer

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Apr 12 00:13:36 BST 2014

On Sunday 06 April 2014 19:29:43 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> On Friday 04 Apr 2014 21:36:11 Luca Beltrame wrote:
> > David Faure wrote:
> > > Kevin Krammer had thoughts on the topic - iirc along the lines of "every
> > > application should take care of migrating the relevant data" ? (cc'ed)
> >
> > To give more context on this question: kactivities (KF5 based) can be used
> > with a 4.x software stack, however it uses the XDG configuration paths
>
> Ok, I've pushed the manual transition of the configuration. If something
> else is decided at a later stage, I'll replace the code.

I took a look at commit c8f9c50e7ec in kactivities.

+            for (const auto testSubdir: { ".kde", ".kde5" }) {
Shouldn't that be .kde4?

That block of code ($KDEHOME, otherwise ~/.kde, otherwise ~/.kde4) sounds like
code that could be shared. Should we have a kde4ConfigHome() and
kde4DataHome() in, hmm, kcoreaddons?