KBibTeX in KDE Review

Thomas Fischer fischer at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Tue Apr 8 19:48:25 BST 2014

Hello Albert,

On 04/07/2014 11:55 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dimecres, 26 de març de 2014, a les 19:37:02, Thomas Fischer va escriure:
>> Hello,
>>
>> KBibTeX is a BibTeX editor to edit bibliographies used with LaTeX.
>>
>> [ text cut ]

> You don't need the extract-messages.sh file do you?
It was used when .po files were still managed inside the source
code. I guess now that translations are managed centrally, it is no
longer necessary. File removed as of commit 2487a34.

> Stuff like
> ./src/io/config/bibtexfields.h:47:        foreach(const QString & key,
> other.width.keys()) width.insert(key, other.width[key]);
> Is ultra slow. I guess other.width is not a huge map?
According to Qt4's documentation, an insert into a QMap takes O(log
n), so it is not really that bad (or do I miss something?). It is
safe to assume that n<100.
Anyway, it turns out this constructor is no longer called, so I
removed it as of revision 88538fe.

> Any reason you're using noMerge="1" in some of the menus of your ui.rc files?
> Using noMerge is usually "a bad idea" since it means your menus will be a bit
> different from the standard.
It looks like it stems all the way back to the KParts tutorial:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Using_KParts
I can fix all  noMerge="1"  to  noMerge="0", but is it explained
somewhere why it is so bad? Given that it is used in the tutorial
examples ...

Bye,
Thomas