Configuration files transfer

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Fri Apr 4 20:36:11 BST 2014

David Faure wrote:

> Kevin Krammer had thoughts on the topic - iirc along the lines of "every
> application should take care of migrating the relevant data" ? (cc'ed)

To give more context on this question: kactivities (KF5 based) can be used
with a 4.x software stack, however it uses the XDG configuration paths
rather than KDEHOME, hence currently it breaks configurations where both
workspaces are installed (because it looks for files elsewhere and so it
doesn't pick the old config up).

This is going to be a problem as distributions (I speak at least for
openSUSE where I'm involved in) will offer the KF5-based workspace as an
aside and not as main desktop.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter