kde-workspace master becomes Qt5-based

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Thu Sep 26 03:48:58 BST 2013

On Wed, September 25, 2013 13:55:57 Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Thursday, September 19, 2013 19:24:51 Michael Pyne wrote:
> > On Thu, September 19, 2013 19:30:52 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > > We're planning to merge the frameworks-scratch branch of kde-workspace
> > > into
> > > master next Monday. That means if you're building your Plasma yourself
> > > from
> > > Git (and you're not yet ready for Plasma2 ;)), you should switch to the
> > > KDE/4.11 branch. The build will fail otherwise, so you will notice.
> > >
> > > This was a public service announcement. (And you can ask questions
> > > here.)
> >
> > Please don't forget to update kde-build-metadata!
> >
> > I suppose I should go and update the sample kdesrc-buildrc.
>
> That would be nice. I was asked how to have kdesrc-build build and install
> kde-workspace now, and didn't know the answer. As far as I can see, the
> metadata is correct. I suppose people's kdesrc-buildrc needs updating, but
> how?

It should be as easy as using the "branch-group" option (instead of "branch")
for the modules to be built, in a kde-projects module set. Something like:

module-set
    repository kde-projects
    use-modules kdelibs kde-workspace kde-runtime
    branch-group kf5-qt5 # or latest-qt4 or stable-qt4
end module-set

I've just checked and kdesrc-build seems to pick up your change in kde-build-
metadata just fine for kde-workspace.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne