Fwd: looking for phonon gstreamer maintainer

Daniel Nicoletti dantti12 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 14:38:57 BST 2013

I have a question:

I had to write a Qt5 app for playing music/video some
time ago, and I have used QtMultimedia5, so far so good
QtMultimedia seems to provide everything I needed tho
it still uses gstreamer 0.10. AFAIK Phonon was created
due the lack of QtMultimedia, so now that it's there and
it's maintained shouldn't we drop Phonon, or even better
why is Phonon still important?
I googled trying to find their differences but I still have
this questioning...

Thanks

--
Daniel Nicoletti