Regression in CMake breaking builds

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Sep 15 12:45:29 BST 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 15 September 2013, Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
> wrote:

>> > This is cmake next ?
>> > Does 2.8.12rc3 work ?
>>
>> Yes, it is cmake next.
>> I've no idea if 2.8.12rc3 works, but the previously built revision did
>> work - that was 719bc22a69cccaba7a6d788cb98b68925e798f76.
>
> Can you try 2.8.12.rc3 ?
> I guess if nothing bad happens, this will be 2.8.12 final.

I'm assuming 38571f2c9446343a652cfdccea636028abd9f7aa is 2.8.12.rc3?
If so - that works.

We'll leave this build in place until CMake upstream can correct the
next branch to fix this regression.
I have deleted the failed builds from the CI system and reinitiated
builds of all projects affected by the issue.
If anyone needs copies of one of the failed results, please let me know.

>> > It looks like it is related to using imported targets in try_compile():
>> >
>> > -- Enabling c++0x support for unordered map
>> >
>> > CMake Error at cmTryCompileExec236800853Targets.cmake:96 (add_library):
>> >   add_library cannot create imported target "Qt4::QtGui" because another
>> >   target with the same name already exists.
>> >
>> > Call Stack (most recent call first):
>> >   CMakeLists.txt:11 (include)
>>
>> I see. Does that mean it should be affecting all builds, as it only
>> seems to be affecting some builds at the moment?
>
> I guess Steve knows more.

Okay.

> Alex

Thanks,