Fwd: The Future of Speech Recognition in KDE: Proposal

Peter Grasch me at bedahr.org
Fri Sep 6 11:03:39 BST 2013

Dear KDE developers,

as part of expanding the speech-related efforts in KDE, I would like to
propose a new category in KDE's extragear called "Speech" (putting it on
the same level as e.g., "Network"). Rationale: Not all speech
recognition applications are necessarily related to accessibility (e.g.,
lecture transcription) and splitting up the projects in different
categories would hinder collaboration.

This is part of a larger proposal to advance speech recognition in KDE.
The full text can be found here:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2013q3/000147.html

To create a new category in extragear, I'd like to get your approval.
Please respond with a +1 or -1 to this email, stating the reasons why if
possible.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Peter