KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2013-w36

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Sep 3 17:27:54 BST 2013

This is the minutes of the Week 36 KF5 meeting. As usual it has been held on
#kde-devel at 4pm Paris time.

Were present: afiestas, agateau, apol, dgilo, markg85, mck182, mgraesslin,
PovAddict, sebas, shadeslayer, svuorela, teo-, vHanda and myself
This might actually be an attendance record ;)

Announcements:
 * Kévin, we miss you, enjoy your vacations :-)
 * We're now requiring the qt5.git update from 5 days ago
(which brings us QCommandLineParser and QFileDialog::setMimeTypeFilters,
among other things).
* Categorized logging (the replacement for kDebug areas) is making its way towards 5.2,
see https://codereview.qt-project.org/44430. Note that this is another reason against porting
too much code outside kdelibs+plasma to KF5: better wait for the final solution for debug output.
* Alex Fiestas will take over the task of running this weekly meeting, so I can keep spending my
time reviewing other people's patches :-)

Status updates:

afiestas: done with QPlatformTheme, some cleaning tasks: KScanDialog, KIO::NetAccess.
agateau: working on reverting from QFile::Permissions to mode_t, then more cleaning tasks.
apol_: splitted kunitconversion. Waiting for feedback on QCollator. Next up: KCompletion.
dgilo: splitting up kemoticons after cleaning it up.
markg85: first time attending. Ported kio_smb. Next: KUriFilter.
mck182: TODO some tests still failing. Waiting for reviews on gerrit. Next up: moving kcrash.
mgraesslin: fixing FindXCB, porting KModifierInfoProvider to XCB, fixing QX11Info::appScreen().
PovAddict: TODO: git graft setup.
sebas: working on systray ports, will look at providing a Config.cmake file for dbusmenu-qt. Forced to look at json-trader for plugins.
shadeslayer: nothing to report
svuorela: will work on updating qpaths this week hopefully
teo-: working on QSessionManager. KEncodingFileDialog postponed for now.
vHanda: TODO: kio tests are failing (before or after moving them?).
dfaure: working on improvements for QCommandLineParser (better wrapping algorithm, docu...). Next: ksslcertificate, qjob.