Packaging KDE Foundation 5 frameworks

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Oct 14 07:57:17 BST 2013

Hello,

On Wednesday 09 October 2013 11:10:03 Lubomir Rintel wrote:
> I'm wondering what's your position on naming the packages? Does kf5-*
> prefix (kf5-solid, kf5-extra-cmake-modules) make sense to you? OpenSUSE
> seems to use that (except that they don't include the prefix for ECM).
> [1]

It does makes sense to me to introduce such a prefix. Except for ECM indeed
which is more agnostic and about a cmake addon at that point (it's considered
as a KF5 upstream).

> My other question is about the modularization of kdelibs. Do you intend
> to split it into separate GIT repositories?

Yes. It's not done yet though as we still keep moving code around. Once it'll
settle will split out repositories though.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net