KMountPoint::probablySlow and cifs mount points

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sun Nov 24 18:55:28 GMT 2013

> > and adding cifs to the list of mounttypes that are "probablySlow"?
>
> It's not my place to object since the code isn't mine. Yet i do

Whether it is a good to use probablySlow in okular is one question. The other
one is whether cifs should be in the probablySlow category.

>From my point of view, it does belong to the same group as nfs, samba and
similar. So, since the method 'probablySlow' exists, ant it works the way it
currently does, I'd say yes.

It is called *probably*Slow exactly because we don't do any actual speed
tests, but we are guessing it can be noticeably slower than a local file
system.

As for whether it is fitting to use it in this case, or whether the method
itself could be replaced by something smarter, I have no opinion.

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
  -- Leo Rosten