FindKDE4Internal.cmake & clang & c++11 & -fdelayed-template-parsing

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 18 20:59:04 GMT 2013

Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> writes:

>> > Also, have you reported the errors that clang outputs to the developers?
>> > If
>> > it's correct analysis, it should be fixed - even if it's error-prone
>> > work.
>>
>> In this case, I don't think there's a bug: I haven't investigated in
>> depth, but clang seems to be doing what -fdelayed-template-parsing is
>> supposed to do, and it's libstdc++ + clang + c++11 that does not work
>> well (the snippet works if I use libc++ instead).
>
> Right, but we cannot depend on libc++. If you can detect it, you could disable
> exceptions for clang when building with libc++ (if that's the case on the
> BSDs?).

Hm? There are no problems with clang and libc++ with or without this
change I committed, what I said is that it's libstdc++ and `clang
-std=c++11 -fdelayed-template-parsing' that has been causing trouble,
and most likely it is just clang doing the right thing (though I haven't
investigated).