QDialog on stack+exec and dbus quit crash is no more

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Nov 9 22:45:20 GMT 2013

So in the EBN checks we are checking for places where we create QDailog on the
stack and then call exec and suggesting to replace them with a QPointer
QDialog, see
http://ebn.kde.org/krazy/reports/kde-4.x/kdegames/kmines/index.html and
http://blogs.kde.org/node/3919

So people are trying to do that improvements (we got patches for kmines to fix
that).

But I don't think that's a problem anymore. I tried to crash it by doing what
the blog says and it doesn't crash, and after having a look at the
KApplication::quit code that calls QCoreApplication::quit() code I think that
this has been fixed in Qt since QCoreApplication::quit doesn't "destroy"
anything, just makes the event loops quit, so stuff is deleted properly.

Can anyone confirm my analysis?

And if so we should remove the check from krazy/ebn.

Cheers,
  Albert