Adopting AppData in KDE?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 22:54:24 GMT 2013

On Saturday 02 November 2013 15:06:26 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday, November 2, 2013 14:35:10 Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> What I see as truly invaluable in AppStream is standardizing the metadata
> for Free software applications. It is something Bodega will undoubtedly
> benefit from as well.

just to throw in another idea, since assets have pretty much all that data,
those metatada files could be generated from existing asset data as well, even
tough for all assets  that aren't a package in a repository becomes kinda a
pointless exercise at this stage...

> > > use cases (not to mention more general web based ones) unserviced.
> >
> > Can you please clarify what AppStream is missing for mobile?
>
> Ignoring the lack of UI (that’s fixable): non-repository  based listings and
> installation, anything that isn’t an application.

on the other hand a bit that may be useful for us is the part of installing
from repositories and a semi-automated import of assets based on the metadata
of existing applications

Cheers,
Marco Martin