Adopting AppData in KDE?

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Mon Nov 4 08:10:25 GMT 2013

2013/11/4 Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
>
>> Matthias Klumpp wrote:
>>
>>> The current
>>> AppStream library uses GObject/GLib, which can be used without
>>> problems from any Qt app
>>
>> this one?  https://gitorious.org/appstream/
>>
>> Are there any formal releases/tarballs?  (I'm having trouble finding any)
>
> My googling failed me, but a colleague pointed out:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Distributions/Distributions/AppStream/Software/
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/appstream/releases/
Jup, due to spam on the XDG wikis, distributions.fd.o was moved to a
new location, which might still confuse Google.
I created a small FAQ about AppStream last night, which might be
helpful to clarify a few things regarding AppData/AppStream:
http://blog.tenstral.net/2013/11/appstream-clarifications.html
Cheers,
    Matthias