Adopting AppData in KDE?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Nov 2 19:33:43 GMT 2013

El Dissabte, 2 de novembre de 2013, a les 09:27:18, John Layt va escriure:
> Some recent developments make this a fairly high priority for apps
> that wish to target a cross-desktop audience.  The new Gnome Software
> Centre in Gnome 3.12 which uses AppData will become the default
> installer in Fedora 20 for Gnome (Fedora KDE will use Apper).
> Currently apps that don't provide AppData are ranked lower in search
> results in Gnome Software, but from Gnome 3.14 such apps will not be
> listed at all [2].

What's the point in having an installer that hides more than half of the apps
in the world that don't ship a file that is not a standard and doesn't seem to
me it was developed as a standard? How is this useful to the end user?

Cheers,
  Albert