Review Request 103555: Fix for stale permissions information in properties dialog

Dawit Alemayehu adawit at
Wed May 22 01:44:15 BST 2013

This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:

(Updated May 22, 2013, 12:44 a.m.)

Review request for kdelibs and David Faure.


I did not push this change in because the testRenameItem unit test fails on "QCOMPARE(m_refreshedItems.count(), 1)". It gets two instead of one. No matter how many debug statements I put I cannot understand why a rename causes refreshItem to emit two items in this case. However, if I change it to use slotRefreshItems2 instead, then all the unit tests pass. That is what this update does. Make the testRenameItem unit test use m_refrehItems2 instead of m_refreshItems.


If you open a directory that contains other directories in Konqueror or Dolphin, change the permission of one of these directories from outside, say the command line, and right click on the same directory to look at the permission tab in the properties dialog, you will see that the permission change has not been updated. This patch addresses that bug.

This addresses bug 173733.

Diffs (updated)

  kio/kio/kdirlister.cpp 94b1d1d 
  kio/tests/kdirlistertest.h 1b117bb 
  kio/tests/kdirlistertest.cpp a0b296d 



1. In konsole, create a test directory within another test directory:
     mkdir -p test/test1

2. Open Dolphin or Konqueror and navigate to "test".
3. In konsole, cd into the first test directory:
     cd test

4. In konsole, change the permission of 'test1'. For example,
     chmod go-rx

5. In the open Dolphin or Konqueror, right click on "test1", select properties and click on permission tab.

6. Validate whether or not the permission shown in the GUI matches what you see in the command line.


Dawit Alemayehu

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list