kde review kartesio

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Fri May 10 12:58:06 BST 2013

Hi,

A few primary remarks:
- libzorbaneural is needed but my distro does not have anything with "neural" in it (OpenSuse 12.3) what repo do I need to add in order to get it? The libzorbaneural website should be added to the cmake file so people can find this and packagers can add it to their distros.
- I see a screenshot folder and some .pro files that probably are not needed
- some doxygen comments for the variables in the .h files would be appreciated, if anyone else wants to fix bugs it'll help a lot.
- Kartesio does not build for me, I get "/home/kde-devel/kartesio/src/calculations.cpp:278:1: error: control
reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
cc1plus: some warnings being treated as errors"
- I don't see a Messages.sh file to extract translatable strings.
- I am not comfortable with the rm call line 181 in calculations.cpp => you can probably use more Qt classes here and in other parts of this file too.

That's only a quick review as I couldn't run the app yet.

Tomaz, as for the user base maybe we could start a module for advanced scientific tools?

Best regards,

Anne-Marie