Plasma Workspaces 4.11: the last feature release in the 4.xseries for kde-workspace

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat May 4 08:12:06 BST 2013

On Friday, May 3, 2013 15:41:14 Michael Jansen wrote:
>   - Recommend forking them (gitorious, github, gko) for feature development

Where was this said .. *anywhere*? Git has great support for branches; you can also merge and
separate repositories nearly at will; creating new repositories is easy .. in the case of the secret
service implementation there is no need to fork anything, especially not on some 3rd party
infrastructure.

> I somehow fail to grasp how recommending having n forks of those
> repositories (one for each patch/feature) around makes work for packagers
> and developers easier.

I would also fail to grasp that recommendation.

Thankfully, it isn't what I suggested, nor have I heard anyone else who is actually involved in
any of these efforts say that.

--
Aaron J. Seigo