Plasma Workspaces 4.11: the last feature release in the 4.x series for kde-workspace

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu May 2 13:53:07 BST 2013

Hi Todd,

On Wednesday, May 01, 2013 15:42:10 Todd wrote:
> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
>
> For Plasma Workspaces 2, our goal is to have a user ready release in Q2
> 2013. This release will not necessarily be tied to the release schedule of
> Frameworks 5, nor does it impact in any way application development which
> should continue developing again the 4.x kdelibs until such time as we have
> a working release of Frameworks 5.
>
> Aren't we already in Q2 2013?

Typo, we're looking at Q2 2014. :)

> Will plasma workspaces 2 work with kdelibs 4.x or will it be limited to
> frameworks 5 only?  If the former, is there any idea when kdelibs 4.x will
> be Qt 5 compatible?

Plasma Workspaces 2 will be Qt5, Frameworks 5 only. (In fact, it already is.
This is mostly due to the rather heavy changes between QtQuick 1 and 2, for
other codebases it might be more feasible to support both Qts, for Plasma, it
was near impossible.)

Cheers,
--
sebas