Review Request 110091: clean up and update FreeBSD support for kinfocenter

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Wed May 1 13:44:39 BST 2013

> > On April 20, 2013, 2:11 p.m., Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > > kinfocenter/Modules/base/info_fbsd.cpp, line 136
> > > <http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/110091/diff/1/?file=139992#file139992l
> > > ine136>> >
> > >     Why not just use QProcess here to get the result? I fear this stuff
> > >     dates back to QT(<=3) times where this probably had issues, but
> > >     that isn't true anymore.
> GetInfo_ReadfromPipe already uses QProcess.

Hm, ok. But the 2>&1 will not work, as that is shell syntax for redirects and
I'm not sure if QProcess will unterstand that. What I basically had in mind
was to pass a QStringList to the functions so that the arguments are already
properly separated. Basically what the commenter here had in mind
(info_fbsd.cpp):

// TODO: GetInfo_ReadfromPipe should be improved so that we could pass the
program name and its
//       arguments to it and remove most of the code below.

So it would be nice if you could clean up that, too. While you're at it you
can then fix the type (devies -> devices), too ;)

Eike