KDEReview: Nepomuk-Controller QML

Jörg Ehrichs Joerg.Ehrichs at gmx.de
Sat Mar 23 14:42:33 GMT 2013

So after a first introduction in plasma, I like to get this thing into SC.

The Nepomuk-Controller aims to replace the current system tray Nepomuk applet.
This one allows to suspend/resume and show information for all the
indexers, thus
this gives any user a small hint what happens in the background and allow them
to suspend it, if they need to.

For the review I have pushed the branch nepomukcontroller-qml into
kde-workspace.

You can find the important parts at
plasma/generic/dataengines/nepomuk
plasma/generic/applet/nepomuk-controller

The dataengine as well as the applet is only installed if
Nepomuk-Core/Soprano is found
as build dependency.

This would deprecate:
kde-runtime/nepomuk/controller/

and need current nepomuk-core master

For an "easy to install" version there is also:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch/jehrichs/nepomukcontroller-qml.git

Some Pictures:
http://wstaw.org/m/2013/03/20/nepomukcontroller-qml1.jpg
http://wstaw.org/m/2013/03/20/nepomukcontroller-qml2.jpg
http://wstaw.org/m/2013/03/20/nepomukcontroller-qml3.jpg
http://wstaw.org/m/2013/03/20/nepomukcontroller-qml4.jpg

Any help/comments are welcome.
Since my first mail on the plasma devel list, the dbus calls are
asynchrone now, the FileWatch service is not shown on default, but can
be enabled if the user wants, and the licence should be fine now.

Kind Regards
Joerg