Interesting issue for kde-baseapps, Jenkins & kdesrc-build, proposed solution

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Mar 12 07:38:30 GMT 2013

Hi all,

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Christoph Cullmann <cullmann at absint.com> wrote:
>> Other alternatives include splitting kate up in the various
>> library/runtime-
>> support/application components but that's a lot of extra work for
>> what is
>> really just a kde-projects problem.

Just a note that we now have a policy against any future modules being
in a similar situation such as this one.
Only historical modules will have this issue.

>> Does anyone have objections to the sysadmins realigning the 3 git
>> modules in
>> question? (And if so, I'd appreciate ideas for better ways to fix).
> Hi,
>
> I would have no problem with moving kate.git around, splitting is IMHO
> a pain for later developing on it, as all parts are tightly coupled anyway.

Please note that the actual location of kate.git (on git.kde.org) will
not be affected in any way by this.
It only affects the module structure.

> Greetings
> Christoph