cxx11-cmake-modules in kdereview

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Fri Mar 1 23:37:25 GMT 2013

> The solution is to have missing services then?

IMO, better not have something than to lie about it. It is like that mainly
for the systems for which don't really want kde workspaces, but rather just
applications (having activities, kwin, etc. under windows or mac is not a
desire of ours).

And, at the same time, applications that want to support activities and not
have a lot of ifdefs in the code because of that can continue working as usual
even without the kamd service running in the back.

> gcc -std=c++11 -fPIE -E -dM -I$QTDIR/include -include QtCore/qglobal.h -xc++
> /dev/null | grep Q_COMPILER
>
> That will give you the full listing of detected features, matching exactly
> what will be available at compile-time.

This does provide an alternative to the feature detection cmake module that
would be satisfactory to me.

Interested to hear what the others think about it (mainly aiming at Martin G.)

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
You know, there are many people in the country today who,
through no fault of their own, are sane. Some of them were born sane.