cxx11-cmake-modules in kdereview

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Fri Mar 1 17:28:33 GMT 2013

> Can we discuss whether such module should be used?

Naturally.

> > Why can't you use the #defines from QtCore?

>From my POV:
 - it is not documented - at least, I couldn't find it in Qt 4.8 docs, nor 5.0
(might be a fault of qt-project.org's search mechanism)
 - it is not extensible - it covers a limited number of features (for example,
I don't see a test for nullptr) - with this, the user could test any feature
desired
 - it is based on compiler version map - this is a personal preference: I'd
rather have a feature confirmed by a compile-time test, than having it enabled
because it is clang version 12.34.56 (war wounds from JS testing web browser
versions of netscape vs ie instead of doing feature checking :) )

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people from coughing.
  -- Sir Ralph Richardson