KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2013-w25

Kevin Ottens ervin+bluesystems at kde.org
Tue Jun 18 16:23:15 BST 2013

Hello everyone,

This is the minutes of the Week 25 KF5 meeting. As usual it has been held on
#kde-devel at 4pm Paris time.

Announcements:
 * Tomorrow no new patch should be started, instead we get all the pending
ones integrated so that dfaure can do a merge on thursday morning;
 * On June 22nd, a KF5 mini-sprint will be held in the Blue Systems Barcelona
   office;
 * sebas computed progress data number:
   * Qt contributions 67% done;
   * KDEUI Crumble 50% done;
   * kdelibs splitting around 40% done (on hold and will grow though);
   * kdelibs cleanup 73% done;
   * cmake 81% done;

Were present: dgilo, dfaure, sebas, apol, ben2367, steveire, wojtask9, R_Rios
scarpino, afiestas, and myself.

Topics discussed:
 * dfaure is making progresses on the KIO split;
 * sebas is resuming the work on KPluginFactory;
 * conditional QML imports is scheduled as post KF 5.0 as a contribution to
Qt;
 * cmake cleanup in plasma-framework is almost done;
 * apol will spearhead the efforts around KGlobalSettings;
 * ben2367 is working on kassistantdialog and kcrash;
 * ben2367 is trying to fix some of the missing copyrights;
 * steveire is working on cmake features we might use like the easier creation
of interface properties on installation so that some of the features we got
used to works nicely out of build too;
 * wojtask9 is working on KWallet and plans to pick KCompletion after that;
 * R_Rios just joined (welcome!) and will pick more tasks;
 * scarpino is almost done with the ECM_SourceIncompatibleChanges, ready to
pick crumble tasks;
 * afiestas is working on the animation flag for Qt, and will pick up some
tasks related to our QPA plugin;
 * dgilo is still working on removing our time_t uses;
 * QFileDialog changes are almost ready to get in Qt;
 * ervin is trying to get rid of the kdecore left overs;

 * Priority for the coming week is still the KDEUI Crumble.

Action items still open:
 * [sandsmark] Finish the work on KPtyProcess
 * [steveire] Write a "CMake for frameworks" guideline in the wiki
 * [sebas] Look at cleaning up the CMake files in plasma-framework (almost
there)
 * [steveire] investigate why kde4support isn't usable from outside kdelibs
   (issue with the cmake file)

If you got questions, feel free to ask.

Regards.
--