Phonon4Qt5 & Phonon5 Branches

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Thu Jun 13 13:24:13 BST 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 May 2013 16:13:23 Harald Sitter wrote:
> > As you may be aware phonon supports building the phonon4 API against Qt5
> by
> > building the phonon4qt5 branch.
> >
> > Due to consolidation efforts at the Phonon sprint last weekend the
> > phonon4qt5 transitional library is now merged into the master branch of
> > both phonon and phonon-vlc (gstreamer blocked on pending gstreamer1
> support
> > merge) so the use of the phonon4qt5 branch is discouraged for all uses
> that
> > do not require a build of phonon4qt5-gstreamer. To build Phonon4 with Qt5
> > support please use -DPHONON_BUILD_PHONON4QT5=ON. Please note that
> switching
> > the CMakeCache from libphonon to libphonon4qt5 and vice versa is not
> > supported, so you will need to rm CMakeCache.txt to switch.
> >
> > Once phonon-gstreamer also got the change the phonon4qt5 branches will be
> > deleted and master is the only source for p4q5 builds then.
> >
> > The previous 'five' branch was replaced with a new one that actually
> > constitutes what will become Phonon 5 as discussed last year in Randa.
> >
> > Additionally declarative/graphicsview support is not built by default
> > anymore and building it is discouraged for the time being.
>
> Thanks for the note.
> I'll update extragear/utils/kdesrc-build/kf5-qt5-build-include
>
> But apparently phonon-gstreamer doesn't build?
>
> CMake Warning at cmake/FindPhonon.cmake:9 (find_package):
>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Phonon" with any
>   of the following names:
>
>     PhononConfig.cmake
>     phonon-config.cmake
>
>   Add the installation prefix of "Phonon" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
>   "Phonon_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
> "Phonon"
>   provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
>   installed.
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   CMakeLists.txt:7 (find_package)

Yes, that's what I meant when I said that gstreamer is not yet updated ;)

I have just pushed the appropriate changes, so phonon-gstreamer should now
also build as expected when passing -DPHONON_BUILD_PHONON4QT5=ON.

This now makes all phonon4qt5 branches obsolete and deprecated; they will
be removed next week.

HS