Proposal for branching policy towards KF5

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Wed Jul 24 15:23:46 BST 2013

On Tue, July 23, 2013 14:20:39 David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 20 July 2013 23:04:10 Michael Pyne wrote:
> > This is a labor-intensive task, but it's easy to centrally-manage without
> > having to rely on many different module maintainers or core developers for
> > each git repository to update their own metadata in projects.kde.org
>
> I volunteer to help.
>
> > (assuming  we can get the sysadmins to add that).
>
> I didn't understand that. To add what?

To add a scheme within the projects.kde.org repository administration
interface for each individual repo administrator to fill out which branch is
appropriate for each of our 3 overarching development tracks. They would then
need to add something to export that information back into the XML database.

Similar concerns about how this could even realistically work were what lead
me to making the kde-build-metadata repository in the first place; it's a lot
easier just to have a single spot for that metadata which anyone can update,
not just a repo admin or sysadmin.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne