Proposal for branching policy towards KF5

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Jul 20 02:28:47 BST 2013

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 3:42 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, July 19, 2013 00:21:21 David Faure wrote:
>> After more live discussion with Sebas and Marco plus Aaron over a video
>> chat,  we came up with the following setup for the workspace repos (*) :
> [...]
>> (*) kde-workspace, plasma-frameworks, please complete this list if there
>> are  more.
>
> The following also belong into the workspace category:
>
> * kdeplasma-addons
> * declarative-plasmoids
> * kde-runtime

If you use the "master" branch of kde-runtime for frameworks
development, this will pose major issues for the CI system.
It relies on kdelibs and kde-runtime using the same branch naming
scheme to include kde-runtime in the test environment for anything
that depends on kdelibs.

I'd also be inclined to think of kde-runtime as part of kdelibs,
rather than the workspace - especially considering many distributions
kdelibs packages depend in some manner on kde-runtime.

> These ones I'm unsure about:
> * kdebase-artwork
> * kde-wallpapers
> * kmix
> * kscreen
> * libkscreen
> * bluedevil
> * libbluedevil
> * bluedevil
> * activitymanager
> * *libdbusmenu-qt (special case, since it comes from launchpad / bazaar)
> * lightdm-kde
> * nepomuk-core
> * nepomuk-widgets
> * share-like-connect
> * networkmanagement (+libs, need to ask Lamarque which repos those are
>   exactly)
>
> I'll dig a bit deeper to make sure we're complete.
>
> Sidenote: It's interesting to look at the rapture lines between apps and
> workspace. :)
>
> Cheers,
> --
> sebas