KDE/4.11 branched what to do with kde-workspace?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jul 18 09:39:35 BST 2013

Hey,

On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 22:03:51 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 July 2013, Martin Graesslin wrote:
> > >
> > > After carefully reading everybody's opinion, I would like to make kde-
> >
> > > workspace master our KF5/Qt5 branch, for the following reasons:
> > +1, could we please get this going. The whole thread turned into quite
> > some bikeshedding which is disappointing.
> >
> > I think there is a very good suggestion with the CMake option to fail the
> > build.
>
> I must have missed that.
>
> Just the obvious that the cmake run of plasma needs to require a high
> enough  version number of KF5 ?

We require at least Qt 5.2, that should be satisfying this requirement, no?
(Anything Plasma can't reasonably build against Qt4, since we've moved to
QtQuick 2, and that is far from source compatible. (It's also the reason why
we need to start on this sooner rather than later, Plasma, compared to other
frameworks, requires more porting work.

If the Qt 5.2 requirement is not enough, tell me what to do, and I'll do it.
KF5 is not versioned, but no worries, kde-workspace won't even build on top of
last weeks kdelibs[frameworks]. This is something that requires a bit of
adjustment, maybe reintroduce BIC/SIC Mondays again at some point? Food for
another topic, I guess.

Cheers,
--
sebas