KDE/4.11 branched what to do with kde-workspace?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jul 12 16:47:53 BST 2013

On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 22:39:29 Thomas Lübking wrote:
> There'll have to be (minor) patches to kde-workspace (you cannot keep
> shipping known and fixable crashes), thus new tarballs and shipping kdelibs
> 4.13.2, workspace 4.11.12 ("depending" on kdelibs 4.13.2) and kde-runtime
> 4.13.2 does not sound very reasonable to me.

regardless of what happens in 4.x for x >= 12 ...

.. what do you think is going to happen wiith Plasma Workspaces 2?

if anyone still thinks that there will be any guarantee that plasma workspaces
will release with the exact same version #s and use the exact same release
cycle as Frameworks 5, let me fix that for you:

it won’t.

--
Aaron J. Seigo