KDE/4.11 branched what to do with kde-workspace?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Jul 12 08:19:45 BST 2013

On Thursday, July 11, 2013 07:41:37 AM Martin Gräßlin wrote:
>  I agree that this is
> something we learned from kdelibs that we need to keep the releases going
> even  if they do not contain new features.

With kdelibs didn't we switch back to branch and tag it from master even
though master is "closed" (which was not true due to some bugfixes)? It was a
pain when you had to use kdelibs from branch 4.x because master was *older*.
Ask David Faure how many times he got complaints to merge the branch to
master...

For this reason I suggest to keep master as now and branch from there every
time and for a bigger refactoring use a branch (yes, this is the opposite I
suggest for normal development, because here the intention - as i understood -
is a very big change).

Andras