KDE/4.11 branched what to do with kde-workspace?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 21:39:29 BST 2013

On Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013 21:58:34 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

>> Those who want to develop on or use it will hopefully find it
>> and others can
>> continue to use master as it is. (And where important bugfixes etc. for
>> 4.12 can go)
>
> But there's not going to be a kde-workspace 4.12 as announced a while ago.

No idea what's announced but that's silly and will just cause confusion downstream - we also have kdelibs 4.10 atm and 4.11 soon while technically that's still 4.7 or whatever.

There'll have to be (minor) patches to kde-workspace (you cannot keep shipping known and fixable crashes), thus new tarballs and shipping kdelibs 4.13.2, workspace 4.11.12 ("depending" on kdelibs 4.13.2) and kde-runtime 4.13.2 does not sound very reasonable to me.

Cheers,
Thomas