Releases in 3 months

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Wed Jul 10 18:16:55 BST 2013

On 2013-07-10, Àlex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:
> I can't fight with distros, and I don't want to fight with them. If distros
> need .5 .6 and .200 so be it, just they will have to do them themselves (and I
> hope we can make the process smooth so they can actually do it).
>
> As has been said in this thread, almost no KDE developer is using the stable
> branch, blindly backporting has shown to be dangerous and has created many
> issues in the past so we are not the right people to make these point
> releases.

Other developers has said in other contexts 'do not backport patches
without running them thru me'. The maintainer of the code in question
is the best one to judge wether or not a given patch is suitable for
backporting or not. All the rest of us don't know the code as well.

So I really do think that marking patches for backporting *should* be
done by the people behind the code, not by others.

But thank you for making it clear that a large part of the reasoning for
this proposal is that you want to drop maintenance of our product.

/Sune