Releases in 3 months

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Wed Jul 10 18:13:11 BST 2013

On 2013-07-10, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
>=3D=3D On scheduling mainenance releases
>
> in a longer 4 month cycle, i=E2=80=99d cut that to 8 weeks and keep jus=
> t the  one=20
> update.
>
> this would ease the burdon on our release team (and by extension packag=
> ers)=20
> while also giving developers more time to get better tested fixes in.

I don't think that it would lessen the burden on anyone. And as long as
our quality of our stable releases is like they are, we need the first
couple of point releases early.

I would feel compelled to be much more on top of branch and maybe do
branch updates when it fits my schedule rather than just wait for the
next scheduled release, because it comes too late.

and then I end up snapshotting other people's code maybe in a state
where they weren't ready to do it.

> i don=E2=80=99t have a strong opinion or compelling thoughts here, othe=
> r than to=20
> remind us that 3 is not the only number we can consider in this :)

We could also consider 6 :)

>=3D=3D On people being awesome

ack.

/Sune