Releases in 3 months

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Tue Jul 9 17:03:51 BST 2013

On Tuesday 09 July 2013 16:12:35 Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [...] (just replying at some point)
>

> Two point I want to mention:
> 1) working in a branch for kdepim is quite painful, as you need actually
> work on branches of 3 (or sometimes 4) modules: kdepimlibs, kdepim-runtime,
> kdepim (and akonadi). Keep them up-to-date, merge them at the right point,
> etc. Developing in master is *much* easier.
>
> 2) some people don't like branches, we have to understand it. :) There is no
> one schedule that will fit all, that's sure. But dismissing once preference
> with a way that tells him how he SHOULD do, is not really a good.
>
> I also find the motivation somewhat contradictory. Yes, you want to provide
> new features faster, but by cutting down testing time. *Are you sure?*
>
> Andras

That we are cutting testing time is actually not true, As Laurent has shown in
this thread he finished a feature 2 days ago, giving us only a few weeks to
test the "complete feature".

I could apply the same with things that have been merged into master just
before the freeze, like for example the new Battery plasmoid.