openSUSE packagers' take on the 3 month release cycle

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Tue Jul 9 13:55:27 BST 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
> there would not be any problem. But reality diverges :(

I'm all for fixing this in at least KDE SC. That way if/when we have
shorter releases you can have some kind of guarantee that you will not
encounter strange behaviours like the one you described.

Also, in my head, the script would detect something like this and
inform you that it does not know how to deal with such a text. You can
then file a bug report, email the developer or whatever, and it will
be fixed. We can even mark such bugs as blockers (maybe?) so that they
have to be fixed before the release.

--
Vishesh Handa