Disable by default KRandR in 4.11

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Thu Jul 4 00:06:27 BST 2013

Hi there

I want to propose to disable by default KRandR from kde-workspace release
for 4.11.

While I'm considered the maintainer of KRandR truth is I have never been
it, I just made it "work" around 4.7 times but it is still full of bugs and
annoyances.
Since we have KScreen (which tomorrow I will propose for Extragear) which
almost all distributions are shipping I see no point on keeping KRandR
around, specially in 4.11 that will be the last release of 4.11.

KScreen is rock solid, it has two maintainers taking care of it, it is way
more advanced and complete than KRandR and it is trusted enough so
distributions like RHEL are going to ship it.

Ideally I would like to remove the source code completely, but I guess we
are too late into 4.11 to do such thing.

Cheers !