KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2013-w27

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Jul 2 20:37:03 BST 2013

On Tuesday 02 July 2013, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> This is the minutes of the Week 27 KF5 meeting. As usual it has been held
> on #kde-devel at 4pm Paris time.
>
> Were present: apol, ben2367, dfaure, R_Rios, sandsmark, scarpino, sebas,
> wojtask9 and myself.
>
> Topics discussed:
>  * QFontsDatabase patch is getting ready;
>  * Support for ctrl+enter for the OK button in Qt dialog is blocked for
> now, apol is waiting for Lars to take position to decide how to deal with
> it; * Progress on the KGlobalSettings tasks by apol;
>  * KCrash framework is in the making by ben2367;
>  * Still work on going with QUrl by dfaure with thiago on the review end;
>  * KIO splitting resumed;
>  * help:/ support for QDesktopServices to replace invokeHelp;
>  * KPtyProcess identified problem might not be a regression, it shows up on
> 4.10, to be confirmed;
>  * Buildsystem cleanup in plasma-framework is done;
>  * KPluginFactory work is making progresses again thanks to sebas
> (sebas/kplugins branches);
>  * http://wstaw.org/m/2013/07/02/plasma-desktopDY2308.png
>  * Plasma::DataEngine resurrection is in progress;
>  * wojtask9 is looking into kacceleratormanager move;
>  * he also plans to port kkeymodifierkeyinfo to xcb;
>  * scarpino is making progress on splitting XMLGUI;
>  * Tests are green again in kdelibs-frameworks;
>  * Still cleaning up the remains of kdecore;
>  * KUrl is in kde4support now;
>  * KUser and KShell moved in kcoreaddons;
>  * Patches to Qt for supporting RFCDate and FancyDate formats of KDateTime
> are in the work;
>
>  * Priority for the coming week is still the KDEUI Crumble.

Another question: the libraries as they are now in tier1/ and staging/ are
partly really tiny. kinterprocesswindowing consists of 2 cpp files, kplotting
is 4 cpp files.

Isn't that a bit too fine grained ?

E.g. kplotting and kwidgets have the same dependencies. I wouldn't mind having
kplotting as part of kwidgets.

Alex