KIO progress towards tier 1 framework?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 20:03:13 BST 2013

Hi,

When i'm looking in the kdelibs splitting document [1] i only see KIO
pop up twice. One to get kbookmarks out of KIO (which is work in
progress). Another one with "kio-core" as work in progress.

But i can't find any documentation anywhere that gives me a clear view
as to how far KIO is on it's way to a tier 1 framework. The meeting
notes don't say anything either (besides david making progress on the
kio split).

I'm asking this because i'm getting more and more interested in KIO. I
want to get it running on windows, linux and mac as tier 1 framework.
Or more specifically, a Qt module. Starting from August 1st, I'll be
trying to get that done so i'm really keen on knowing how far KIO is
at this moment in reaching that goal and what needs to be done.

I don't know it's current state, but my interest is there (has been
there for a few years now) and if more people are interested then i'd
even like to propose a small KIO Sprint somewhere in August and
somewhere in Europe.

Before the first reply is "attend akademy".. I wish i could. My
current job is quite demanding due to a few very tight deadlines so i
simply don't have the time this month. I will next month because of
transition time between jobs.

Someone wise once told me: "You should dive into KIO, it can be really
rewarding!" (looking at you, David ^_-)

Cheers,
Mark

[1] http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/Splitting_kdelibs