[Kde-pim] Push access to kdepim and kdepimlibs suspended

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Jan 23 08:00:18 GMT 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:33 PM, Till Adam <adam at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 January 2013 19:33:30 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>

>> Just a quick notice that due to a accidental merge from KDE/4.10 into
>
>> master in both the kdepim and kdepimlibs repositories, both have been
>
>> locked.
>
>> A force push has already been performed to reverse the changes,
>
>> however it has been left locked to ensure that the changes are not
>
>> reintroduced accidentally (changes are also needed on various
>
>> infrastructure systems, which in themselves are not capable of
>
>> handling a force push).
>

>> Unfortunately, due to the manner in which the change occurred, it is
>
>> difficult to block it reoccurring at this time.
>

> That was me, it seems, please accept my apologies. I was under the imression
> that "commit to 4.10, merge 4.10 into master" is the recommended work flow.

That is the correct workflow. There was a mistake in my original email
- the problem in this case was that master was merged into KDE/4.10.

> If I understand correctly the problem was that I committed to a 4.10 that
> had just been merged so the parent was a merge commit? Several people
> endorsed my git skill on LinkedIn, so I feel I need to understand what went
> wrong here ;).

In this instance, KDE/4.10 had recently been merged into master (per
the correct workflow), and your work was on the master branch.
Because it had been recently merged, it was possible for Git to
fast-forward the KDE/4.10 branch to the master state without a
problem.

> Thanks to those who fixed the repos late at night, and sorry again.

Not a problem, things happen. Nicolas fixed this after Christophe found it.

> Till

Regards,
Ben