Plans for SVN infrastructure shutdown

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Jan 12 22:22:15 GMT 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Oliver Henshaw
<oliver.henshaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 January 2013 10:31, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
>> The plan seems OK, except for the very last step, "final shutdown".
>>
>> Please keep svn.kde.org around, readonly.
>> [...] so if we could just keep a readonly svn
>> around (surely this shouldn't require much maintainance), it would be useful
>> for archeology purposes.
>>

> It would also be very useful to keep websvn.kde.org links active - so
> that commit notifications in old bugzilla reports remain useful.

WebSVN will be shutdown, and the subdomain removed from DNS.
This also happened for cvsweb.kde.org back when KDE migrated from cvs to svn.

It should not be a problem to extract the revision from either the url
or Bugzilla comment and use that to access the svn repository.
The svn repository will be kept online in a read-only state for the
most part, accessible via svn://.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin