New lockscreen

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Fri Jan 11 11:52:04 GMT 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:37:43AM +0100, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > Which is why the lock screen has usually been activated separately from the
> > screensaver.
> no, it wasn't. The lock screen had been implemented inside the screen savers.
> Yes blank screen was just another kind of screensavers.

Yes, it was.

The lock screen had a separate timeout activation, the rest is just an
implementation detail.

And no, the lock screen was not running in the screensaver process.

> yes in the same way as we have screensavers. As a legacy option

What do you put in "legacy option"? It's fully supported and in the same
place it always has been? Doesn't seem very legacy to me.

> > And Gnome is not something to be emulated in the least bit, IMHO.
> which is not what I wrote.

You said we should drop them because Gnome dropped them.

--
Martin Sandsmark