New lockscreen

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 11 10:34:03 GMT 2013

On Friday 11 of January 2013 10:28:22 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> the implementation has been kept there AFAIK because people complain that we
> wanted to remove it. It would be nice if the people who want to have the
> old screen savers would step up to support the maintenance. Yes it would
> have been easier to just remove it and would have removed lots of
> complexitiy. As I wrote it's a HACK and has always been like that.
>
> But the discussion again shows that just removing it completely and tell
> people to use XSS if they want screen savers would have been the right
> choice.

Having been one of the people who complained I want to point out that, in the
discussion it was also said to have at least some tutorials and some examples
on how to write animation for the screen locker, and present this material as
part of 4.10 "advertising", to help people recreate their favourite
animations.
Is this documentation available somewhere? There is still time to use it as
part of the 4.10 announcement.

Regards
--
Luigi