KDEREVIEW: share like connect and plasmate

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 7 10:19:12 GMT 2013

On Monday, January 7, 2013 22:58:12 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 3, 2013 09:56:47 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> >> What about Share-Like-Connect?
> >
> > i was waiting until i was back in the office with time to work on it again
> > before requesting the move. :)
> >
> > so ... yes, SLC is ready to be moved out of kdereview.
>
> Where is it destined? This was never stated it seems.

good question :) i suppose extragear/base.

in future, i want to use it as part of the default layout of the panel if it
is installed, but that will be at least one more release and we may even
postpone that until a libplasma2 based shell hapens. but eventually there will
be a soft run-time dep on from kde-workspace on this repository ... but this
is not something that prevents it going into extragear.

the "many repository" approach is going to make releases of the desktop
workspaces more and more ... "interesting" :) we may end up needing to adjust
how we define such releases at some point in the future. the Frameworks 5 era
seems like a good time to examine if changes would be beneficial for workspace
releases.

--
Aaron J. Seigo