Login for bug reporting

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Feb 7 10:29:27 GMT 2013

On Thursday 07 February 2013 11:14:01 Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> If you don't believe me, look at the crashes reported in January [2].
> All those which have DUPL, INVA, WAIT, DOWN, UNMA, DOWN, UPST, WORK,
> BACK in the 'Resolution' column were not useful, but still required at
> the very, very least a minute or two each to handle them.
I once calculated it for our most often reported bug. It's a driver crash,
nothing we could do about it. It has 133 duplicates. Workflow:
* incoming mail in bugs mail folder
* read backtrace
* click the link
* switch to browser
* scroll down to duplicate field
* enter kwin-intel
* click submit
(* curse because Thomas was faster)

With the "it interrupted the work" it takes about 1 to 2 minutes. That's an
easy one as we don't have to look for the duplicate. So it's 266 minutes just
for this one bug which is half a person day of work.

Also spend a moment and look at the report. There is multiple times written
that we don't want any further comments on the bug and that doesn't help
anything. Still attachements, still duplicates.

--
Martin Gräßlin